Medical Care After an Auto Accident
Following an auto accident, in the Ogden or surrounding area, you’d think the only thing you’d have to do is emotionally deal with the fact that you’ve just been in an accident.
Following an accident, if possible, there are several things you need to do to protect yourself. Taking the time to cover all your bases at the scene can avoid a lot of problems down the road, particularly if you need an auto accident lawyer because of any medical care administered. At Morgan Law Firm, we have covered auto accidents for years and know all that needs to be taken care of to build a good case.
Every accident must be treated seriously. Following an accident, the first thing to do is to remain calm. Then, assess your overall medical condition and the condition of everyone around you. If everyone’s injuries are minor, locate a safe place. Do not stand in the road, and always remember to remain at the scene.
Should there be injuries, call the police. Remember that many injuries seem minor at the time of the auto accident, but can become worse with time. This is why it is so important to be seen by a doctor to receive a full physical examination. An auto accident is one time where there are no “go backs.” Everything that can be taken care of, should be taken care of.
If possible, the following should be completed and will prove helpful to an auto accident lawyer, like Morgan Law firm, should this be needed:
- Date of the accident
- Time of the accident
- Road conditions
- Injuries sustained by you, other passengers or bystanders
- Damage to your vehicle (photos, if possible)
- Name(s) and contact information of all involved
- Auto information from everyone involved (vehicle make, model, year, color, VIN)
- Insurance Company
- Policy Number
- License plate numbers of all autos involved
Following an auto accident, always remember to protect your identification. never allow your driver’s license to be photographed. Be polite, but do not admit fault and remember to get the names and phone numbers of any witnesses.
It is important to always remember to be a responsible driver, so that auto accidents can be avoided. As part of the state of Utah, Ogden is included in this list of “cause of death” statistics from the Utah Department of Public Safety:
- First cause of death is speed with 497 per year, equaling 40% of all deaths in the state of Utah
- Second cause of death is unrestrained occupants with 377 deaths, equaling 30% of all deaths
- Third cause of death is drunk drivers with 158 deaths equaling 13% of all deaths
- Fourth cause of death is failure to yield with 154 deaths equaling 12% of all deaths
- Fifth cause of death is distracted drivers with 108 deaths equaling 9% of all deaths
No one wants to be in an auto accident, not in Ogden or anywhere else in the world. Should you experience the unfortunate event of being in an auto accident, call us today at Morgan Law Firm, (208) 789-2098, where you can reach me on my cell. And remember, we will come to you in your home, office or hospital.